The Camilla G. Belser Memorial
About our Friend and Colleague,
Cammy Belser was one of the founding members of the Long Island Insurance Community (LIIC) and from its inception until her untimely passing, she served as the inspirational leader of the organization.
In memory of Cammy, and her commitment to education and the Insurance industry, The Long Island Insurance Community established the Camilla G. Belser Memorial Scholarship Fund through United Way of Long Island.
The Camilla G. Belser Memorial Scholarship offers up to $5,000 spread over 2 years to a student who will be attending Nassau or Suffolk Community College. We will consider other accredited two-year colleges.
Applications are closed for the 2021 – 2022 academic year.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of scholarship criteria and applicant eligibility. Candidates must submit an essay with their application and two letters of recommendation. Applicants must also submit a copy of their acceptance letter from the institution they will be attending, if available.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior residing in Nassau or Suffolk County
- Applicant must have been accepted to Nassau or Suffolk Community College (Other accredited two-year colleges will be considered)
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need; a copy of your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) and parent/guardian’s most recent 1040 (first 2 pages only) must be submitted with the application
- Applicant must be available for an interview with the Program Chairperson if deemed necessary
Have you included?
- Completed Application Page
- Copy of FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) and parent/guardian’s most recent 1040 (first 2 pages only)
- Copy of SAT and/or ACT Scores
- Copy of college acceptance letter (if available)
- Copy of student’s resume
- Student’s essay/personal statement
- Copy of student’s High School Transcript or GED with scores
- Two letters of recommendation
Note to Guidance Counselors: Please provide transcript & recommendation letters to students to be emailed or mailed with all other materials – DO NOT SEND SEPARATELY
Your application is only considered complete and valid when all items listed are included together.
Send to: email@example.com
OR by Mail to:
United Way of Long Island
Belser Memorial Scholarship Fund
Attn: Biena Depena
819 Grand Blvd.
Deer Park, New York 11729
Thelma Pacheco – 2022
Samari Velasquez – 2022
Julia Klibisz – 2021
Evelyn Martinez – 2021
Aliyah Barrow – 2020
Leslie Washington -2020
Mary Englaterra – 2019
Leslie Washington – 2019
Jasmine Fuentes – 2018
Katherine Peralta Casco – 2018
Oscar Amaya – 2017
Reina Eustache – 2017
Wilber Uceda – 2016
Emy Sosa – 2016
Jonathan A. Carrera – 2015
Johanne Ramos – 2015
Ivette Alvarado – 2014
Astrid Jara Palomino – 2014
Elizabeth Pareja – 2012