The Camilla G. Belser Memorial
About our Friend and Colleague,
Cammy Belser was one of the founding members of the Long Island Insurance Community (LIIC) and from its inception until her untimely passing; she served as the inspirational leader of the organization.
The Long Island Insurance Community Board, members and United Way of Long Island mourn the passing of our beloved colleague Cammy Belser.
In memory of Cammy, and her commitment to education and the insurance industry, The Long Island Insurance Community established the Camilla G. Belser Memorial Scholarship Fund through United Way of Long Island in her honor.
The program offers a $2,500 annual renewable scholarship to a student who will be attending Nassau or Suffolk Community College. We will consider other accredited two-year colleges.
Applicants must submit an application by May 8, 2018 for consideration for the 2018-2019 academic years. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of scholarship criteria and applicant eligibility. Candidates should submit an essay with their application and two letters of recommendation. Additionally, applicants should submit a copy of their acceptance letter from the institution they will be attending, if available.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior residing in Nassau or Suffolk County
- Applicant must have been accepted to Nassau or Suffolk Community College (Other accredited two-year colleges will be considered.)
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need; a copy of the most recent tax return for parents or guardians must be submitted with the application
- Applicant must be available for an interview with the Program Chairperson
Have you included?
- Copy of parents/guardians’ most recent tax return (where applicable)________
- Copy of SAT or ACT Scores (where applicable)__________
- Copy of your GED with scores (where applicable)________
- Two letters of recommendation_______
- Your essay/personal statement_______
Your application is only considered complete and valid when all items listed are included together
All applications must be submitted by Monday, May 8, 2018 to:
The Cammie Belser Memorial Scholarship Fund
United Way of Long Island
819 Grand Blvd.
Deer Park, New York 11729
Oscar Amaya - 2017
Reina Eustache - 2017
Wilber Uceda - 2016
Emy Sosa - 2016
Jonathan A. Carrera - 2015
Johanne Ramos - 2015
Ivette Alvarado - 2014
Astrid Jara Palomino - 2014
Elizabeth Pareja - 2012